From: 8606040723.576@ucbvax.Berke (GOODENOUGH@)
Subject: Re: Orphaned Response
Date: Mon, 2-Jun-86 14:29:00 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Jun  2 14:29:00 1986

USE_ERROR can be raised when an attempt is made to create or open an
external file.  In particular, this exception can be raised when certain kinds
of file I/O are not supported at all by an implementation.  It can also be
argued that NAME_ERROR can be raised if no I/O operation is supported (see
14.4(1, 4, 5).  I believe that compilers for embedded targets have been
validated even though they raised NAME_ERROR or USE_ERROR when any attempt
was made to create or open a file.
-------