From: Bill Findlay <findlaybill@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: ANN: GCC 10.1.0 for macOS
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 16:12:54 +0100
Date: 2020-05-16T16:12:54+01:00	[thread overview]

On 16 May 2020, Simon Wright wrote
(in article <lyd0749hde.fsf@pushface.org>):

> Native and cross-arm-eabi compilers now available at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/10.1.0/

Hi Simon.
Many thanks for that.

After battling GateKeeper, I get the error:

> ==============Error messages for source file: ../Source/magtape_data.ads 28.
> with Static_Predicate =>  slice_size_limit <= 255;

in the file:

package magtape_data is

--
-- slice_size_limit is set so that the slice size field fits into 1 byte,
-- thus avoiding endian-ness and portability issues.

slice_size_limit : constant := 128
with Static_Predicate =>  slice_size_limit <= 255; --<<<<<  HERE

max_MT_record_length : constant := slice_size_limit + 3;

subtype LBM_markers is Character
with Static_Predicate =>  LBM_markers in '@' | 'A' | 'H' | 'I';

--
-- These subtypes are used in the post-processing of OUT 8 spool tapes.
--

subtype OUT8_selection_characters is Character
with Static_Predicate =>  OUT8_selection_characters in '#' | '_' | '@' | '"';

end magtape_data;

This compiles with GNAT CE 2019.
Looking at it again, I wonder whether predicates *are* allowed for constants?

Apart from that, and some new warnings about fields being named in
a different order between a record declaration and its rep. spec.,
my ~25K SLOC KDF9 emulator compiles and passes its regression tests.

--
Bill Findlay