From: Bill Findlay <findlaybill@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: for info: re macOS Ventura and GNAT
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 19:18:47 +0000	[thread overview]

I installed Ventura on my (Intel) MBP and it went perfectly,
with GNAT and fpc working as expected.

Emboldened, I then put it on my (Intel) iMac, my workhorse machine.

On reboot both GNAT (FSF 12.2.0) and fpc compilations failed.

GNAT failed because /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin
had been emptied of everything useful.

To fix it I had to completely re-install CommandLineTools,
which was more difficult than it should have been because
I had been removed from the sudoers file. 8-(

GNAT now runs again, using the newly-installed CLT software,
and the exception-handling bug that appeared with the recent
XCode update has not made a re-appearance.

fpc failed because it could not find libc any more,
so I had to edit my build procedure to tell it where to look
(i.e. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/).

--
Bill Findlay