From: arnold@gatech.UUCP (Arnold Robbins)
Subject: Re: Definition of Buzzwords: "Object-Oriented" (really C++)
Date: Thu, 7-Feb-85 13:45:30 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Thu Feb  7 13:45:30 1985

In article <777@loral.UUCP> ian@loral.UUCP (Ian Kaplan) writes
>   By the way, from what I understand AT&T has no plans to release C++.  If
>   this is true, I think that it is a real loss to the computer science
>   community.

This is getting off the topic a little bit, but I wanted to clear a point
up.  AT&T is releasing C++ *only* to educational licensees.  The cost is
$150 for the tape and another $20 for the printed documentation.

I would love to see C++ released to everyone, but at least some people can
get hold of it.  The fact that they are releasing it at all encourages me
to hope that eventually everyone will be able to get it.
--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET:	arnold@gatech	ARPA:	arnold%gatech.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

Help advance the state of Computer Science: Nuke a PR1ME today!