From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!europa.eng.gtefsd.com!fs7.ece.cmu.edu!news.s ei.cmu.edu!firth@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Robert Firth)
Subject: Re: Ada name space (was: Re: good software engineering)
Date: 3 Jun 93 12:05:44 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.739044733@schonberg> dewar@schonberg.NYU.EDU (Robert Dewar) w
rites:

>So we are left with trying to compromise between the two viewpoints. Certainly
>I think most people dislike thinks like:
>
>	Posix.Posix_Exceptions

I confess I see no good reason to compromise, and one good reason not
to: any compromise will satisfy neither party and yield a product whose
nomenclature is confusing and inconsistent.

Make a choice and stick to it.  The Ada 'renames' facility is there
precisely so as to provide relief for users who find that choice hard
to live with.