From: Robb.Nebbe@di.epfl.ch (Robb Nebbe)
Subject: Re: GNAT and Command Line Arguments
Date: 20 Oct 1994 11:11:19 GMT
Date: 1994-10-20T11:11:19+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <383amh$95h@hp-col.col.hp.com>, jimr@col.hp.com (Jim Rogers) writes:

|> My current question:
|>
|> How do I write an Ada program so that I can pass file names in from the
|> UNIX command line?  I am running GNAT under HPUX.

The relevant functions from Ada.Command_Line are the following:

  function Argument_Count return Natural;

  function Argument( Number : in Positive ) return String;

  function Command_Name return String;

A loop printing out all the command line arguments would be:

  for Index in 1 .. Argument_Count loop
    Text_IO.Put_Line( Argument( Index ));
  end loop;

The interface is a little cleaner than what you get in C since
the command name, which a system may or may not provide, is not
considered as one of the arguments.

- Robb Nebbe