From: Andreas ZEURCHER <ZUERCHER_Andreas@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Announce: AdaStudio-2021 release 01/10/2021 free edition
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 07:44:48 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 2:06:41 PM UTC-5, Manuel Gomez wrote:
> Am 6/10/21 um 5:14 schrieb Andreas ZEURCHER:
> > On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 1:46:15 PM UTC-5, Manuel Gomez wrote:
> >> Last time I checked qt5ada I was surprised by the fact that it doesn't
> >> include the source code for the C intermediate
> >
> > Generated code is not source code, as it can be regenerated from unmodified GPL-/LGPL-compliant widely-available tools. Just because it is C doesn't make it source code. C code can be generated intermediate representation too, which it appears to be in this case. What stops you from regenerating the intermediate C code just like Leonid does? You have the widely-available tools with source code to generate the C code. Leonid has the widely-available tools with source code to generate the C code. All seems to be quite good there.
> >
> > Now this is assuming that Leonid performs to hand editing of the generated C code. Or if Leonid modifies the generated C code with scripts that the source code for the scripts are obtainable along with (or distributed with) each release of AdaStudio, so that you can invoke those scripts too, just like Leonid did.
> That is only moving the question one step away, since then you could
> formulate it as 'where are the source scripts and/or instructions to
> generate the intermediate C library'. Intermediate meaning here: layer
> between Ada and the Qt C++ libraries. I wasn't assuming that there is
> something wrong with the distribution,

You seem to be making a crystal-clear claim that the distribution of AdaStudio is omitting either hand-modified C code or Leonid's scripts from which the C code was somehow generated or post-generation manipulated, either in its post-generation manipulations of the C code via scripts or in its build scripts themselves.  Leonid would most certainly find it useful where your ability to utilize AdaStudio failed due to inability to regenerate the intermediate-representation C code, because that is either exposing his undistributed hand modifications (in seeming violation of the license) or that is exposing his undistributed scripts (in seeming violation of the license) or your incorrect utilization of the build environment of AdaStudio that is causing perfectly functioning perfectly legal-abiding C code generation to go awry.  Did you raise an official support-ticket/issue request with Leonid about your build problems regarding the intermediate-representation C code?