From: slinky.cs.nyu.edu!slinky.cs.nyu.edu!nobody@nyu.edu  (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: QUERY ABOUT MONITOR
Date: 9 Aug 93 05:08:01 GMT	[thread overview]

I couldn't tell whether Mike's post was intended to be facetious or not.
I will assume that it was serious. If not, sorry!

Really! if the only reason you can't reuse Fortran code is array mapping,
have you ever considered the amazing technique of reversing the order of
the subscripts in the declaration on the Ada side? That is ALL we are
talking about. Let's not make mountains out of mole hills here. The feature
is useful, but not essential, it's just a minor convenience to have the
compiler do this flipping of subscripts automaticaly.