From: Lucretia <laguest9000@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: sdlada, löve, and programming for beginners
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 06:27:31 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2020-02-10T06:27:31-08:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, 8 February 2020 11:41:01 UTC, Ludovic Brenta  wrote:

Dragging this thread back on track...

> So it occurred to me that LÖVE is really a Lua binding to SDL plus a

I never looked at it before, but knew of it, never knew it was a wrapper around SDL.

> predefined event loop, and that it would be quite easy to do something
> similar based on the sdlada thick binding.  The goal would be to attract

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Any features required, just add a PR.

I want to get iterators around Surfaces (old, not really for new projects) and textures (for accelerated 2D and for new stuff).

Definitely not having to mess about with OpenGL/Vulkan is a good start.

> teenage programmers to the language and to programming in general.
> Possibly on a Raspberry Pi.  I'd be willing to make a Debian package for
> it.  What do you think?

Sounds good to me.

Luke.