From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Polyorb abd the DSA Annex
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 06:47:12 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 5:42:02 AM UTC-6, Luke A. Guest wrote:
> On 03/08/2020 12:04, tonyg wrote:
> > I just tried to build the git cloned copy of polyorb (failed on the configure!) with the 2020 community version of GNAT. It said I had no gnat ada compiler. It was on the path and it pointed to the gcc compiler on the path. Are they compatible? Is there still a polyorb "enthusiast" list ?
> >

> Distributed annex is being removed from gnat due to "lack of customer interest."

This is pretty sad, and IMO, stupid; the ability to [relatively] easily make distributed applications via DSA is a killer feature and, in conjunction with Ada2020 'parallel' blocks/loops would make for a very attractive system.

IOW, the "lack of customer interest" is an excuse to shoot themselves in the foot.