From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Maping of Ada tasks on the plateforme OS threads model
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:31:35 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-28T09:31:35-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 28, 1:35 am, Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)
<yannick_duch...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> As things are 1) going fine with this thread model and as 2) the
> application gonna be more complex than it is actually, I was thinking
> about 1) keep the same low level thread model 2) while using Ada for
> further developpement to have a cleaner and more readable design.

My experience isn't extensive but I've certainly regretted using C++
for an application whose threading got more complex than we had
planned originally.

If you are using GNAT, be aware of GNAT.Threads; on some operating
systems (VxWorks, for instance) you must call
GNAT.Threads.Register_Thread in Ada code called (via C, for example)
from an OS thread before you do anything involving the RTS (string
catenation, ...). Other compilers will have their own way of dealing
with this.