From: joe@jsnode.equinox.gen.nz (Joseph Skinner)
Subject: Re: GNAT-Problem '+'-operator with Count
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 1994 01:46:52 +1300
Date: 1994-12-06T01:46:52+13:00	[thread overview]

In article <3bn74o$go5@tucs6.rz.tu-cottbus.de>,
Andreas Krohn <ak@informatik.tu-cottbus.de> wrote:
>I have a problem with the '+' operator in GNAT. I have posted the part with
>the error message. Could someone give me a hint, how to solve this
>problem.
>

>   147.
>   148. procedure solve_matrix(source: in matrix;target: in out matrix) is
>   149.     x,y,i,j:Count;    --akt. Pos. in Matrix
>   150.     nachbarn:INTEGER;          --Anzahl der Nachbarn jeder Zelle
>   151.     a,b:Count;
>   152.
>   153. begin
>   154.   for i in feldmin..feldmax loop
>   155.     for j in feldmin..feldmax loop
>   156.       nachbarn:=0;          --neue Zelle 0 setzen
>   157.       for x in 1..3 loop   --nachbarn ermitteln
>   158.         for y in 1..3 loop
>   159.           a:=i+x-2;
>        invalid operand types for operator "+"
>z   160.                  b:=j+y-2;
>        invalid operand types for operator "+"
>z   161.                  if source(a,b)=TRUE then nachbarn:=nachbarn+1;
>   162.           end if;
>   163.         end loop;

At a guess the problem is that the definitions for '+' is not visible to
the program. Check out your with and use statements to make sure that
the definition is visible.

On the other hand I may be spouting BS and I'm sure that someone else
will tell me if I am.

Joe

Joseph Skinner                      | Invercargill
usenet: joe@jsnode.equinox.gen.nz   | New Zealand

There is no such thing as a wizard who minds his own business
                          - Berengis the Black
                            Court Mage to the Earl Caeline