From: Fabien Chouteau <fabien.chouteau@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Winners of 2022 ACM SIGAda Awards
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 02:39:03 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Thanks a lot Tuck,

I am honored to receive the ACM SigAda award for my contribution to the Ada community.

It's been a blast working towards the broader adoption of Ada/SPARK, improving the ecosystem, and seeing the community evolve along the years. And this is a good opportunity for me to thank everyone who contributed to this effort, and/or who believed in our vision for the future of the Ada/SPARK community.

There is still a lot to do obviously, and I think the biggest challenge is to show those who have already seen Ada in the past how the language and its ecosystem have evolved. But we entered an exciting time for Ada/SPARK, as more and more people are questioning their choice of programming languages.

In my opinion, the most important topics for the future of Ada/SPARK are:

First, foster collaboration and welcome newcomers. This is why Alire and its ecosystem are game changing.

Second, spread awareness on the amazing power of SPARK, and have it recognized as the truly bleeding edge technology it is.

Third, use the technology to show what it can do. Since my first "Make With Ada" blog post in 2015, I have always been convinced that the best way to advocate for a technology is to use it. This is Make With Ada means to me.

Happy hacking!