From: "Florian Haag" <florianhaag@yahoo.de>
Subject: Re: How to install GNatCom and GWindows - missing Tom.ads file??
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:45:14 +0100
Date: 2004-10-31T18:45:14+01:00	[thread overview]

"David Botton" <david@botton.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2004103112130916807%david@bottoncom...
> Did you download and unpack the redist-*.zip?
>
> I will be releasing another release of GWindows in the next day or two
> that will make this a little less cumbersome also.

Ok, downloaded that ... when I downloaded the release version of
GWindows, I expected everything to be included in that ... ok, I
could've read a few lines further down ... ;-)

Well, calling install.bat for GWindows, the system doesn't complain
about a missing tom.* now anymore, but at some point of the
process, the following lines are displayed:

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/tools'
make  -C gnatreg
make[2]: Entering directory
`C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/tools/gnatreg'
windres gnatreg.rc gnatreg.coff
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), windres gnatreg.rc gnatreg.coff, ...)
faile
d.
make (e=2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
make[2]: *** [gnatreg.coff] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/tools/gnatreg'
make[1]: *** [gnatreg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/tools'
C:\Programme\PrgLang\Ada95\GNAT\bin\make: *** [tools] Error 2

("Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden." means "The system
is unable to locate the specified file.")

Also, when trying to compile any of the samples shipped with GWindows,
the compiler says:
"file 'gwindows.ads' not found"

Both my ada_source_path and my ada_object_path files are at the
right place and look like this:

adainclude
C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/GNAT/Bindings/Win32Ada
C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gnatcom/bindings
C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gnatcom/tools
C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/bindings
C:/Programme/PrgLang/Ada95/gwindows/tools

After reading the GNAT documentation, I understood that this
should suffice in order to have the compiler find gwindows.ads
(which is actually in
C:\Programme\PrgLang\Ada95\gwindows\bindings), but
seemingly it doesn't :-(

[I tried flipping the (back)slashes and using absolute/relative
paths, but none of these seems to have the desired effect ...]

TIA
Florian Haag