From: Jerry <list_email@icloud.com>
Subject: Is it possible to redirect text output to a String or Unbounded_String?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 19:17:19 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Is it possible to redirect text output to a String or Unbounded_String rather than to a file?

I know there are versions of Put that take a string as a first argument but I don't want to have to write a special-purpose version of a stretch of code just for this purpose, since I want to keep the ability to also output text to a terminal.

I suppose I could redirect text to a file and then somehow read it back in as one string but that seems like a kludge.

Jerry