From: jpwoodruff@irisinternet.net (John Woodruff)
Subject: Re: Thank you Matthew Heaney!
Date: 30 Oct 2004 09:51:00 -0700
Date: 2004-10-30T09:51:00-07:00	[thread overview]

Matthew Heaney <matthewjheaney@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<uacu4kers.fsf@earthlink.net>...
> "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net> writes:
>
> > Recently I have been doing a bunch of geometric transformations.
> > Matthew Heaneys' implementation of Ada.Numerics_Generic_Real_Arrays
> > made my testing a snap.
> >
> > I just wanted to say thanks :-)
>
> Well, I'd love to accept your thanks, except that I don't think it was
> me who wrote Ada.Numerics_Generic_Real_Arrays.  I did write
> Ada.Containers.*, but that's a separate subsystem.  Hmmm... Are you sure
> you're not confusing me with Martin Dowie, perhaps?

I am able to help identify the source of Generic_Real_Arrays.  (At
least I know the source of *one* such library.)

I have a collection that has several numeric math packages, and one
from Drexel University contains Generic_Real_Arrays.Operations.

Now that I review this item, I discover that this package defines a
subprogram "Singular_Value_Decomposition".  By golly, that is the
answer to another recent posting as well!

You can acquire the Drexel U Matrix Math items from
http://dflwww.ece.drexel.edu/research/ada/
They are marked:
-- Copyright (c) Drexel University, 1996                       --
-- Data Fusion Laboratory                                      --
-- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department              --
-- $AUTHORS: Chris Papademetrious, Xiaoxun Zhu, Moshe Kam

BTW I am just completing a library that is useful for programs that
want to perform IO operations for numeric applications.  I'll be
seeking a venue for making this stuff publicly available within the
next few days.  Suggestions and early-look testers welcome....

John