From: weberwu@tfh-berlin.de (Prof Weber-Wulff)
Subject: Ada Deutschland
Date: 11 Oct 1994 17:31:12 GMT
Date: 1994-10-11T17:31:12+00:00	[thread overview]

The 1994 meeting of "Ada Deutschland" was held on Oct. 10 in the city of
Jena. 25 catholic Ada members of the GI (Gesellschaft fuer Informatik)
Fachgruppe 2.1.5 Ada gathered for a day of talks and a meeting.
There were 10 talks on Ada and security, Ada and Booch, Ada 9x, Ada as
a mother tongue, Milbus Engineering, Active objects, Realtime features of
Ada 9x, Safety Critical Software, the test suite for 9x, and the report
of a company on projects conducted in Ada.

I attended the meeting for the first time (and gave the talk on Ada as
a mother tongue) and learned a lot. The information about projects
being done in Ada was directly useful in my lectures this morning! I
enjoyed the discussions with colleagues from academia and industry,
the only frustrating moment was the annual "but-what-can-we-do-to-
promote-Ada" brainstroming. A general call goes out to all to write
papers for as many of the trade mags as possible talking about Ada,
and to collect some German success stories as AdaIC has been doing.

Papers and/or slides will be published in Ada Aktuell, the newsletter
of "Ada Deutschland", available by joining the Fachgruppe. Contact
the GI at Godesberger Allee 99, 53175 Bonn for membership forms.

--
Debora Weber-Wulff, Professorin fuer Softwaretechnik und Programmiersprachen
snail: Technische Fachhochschule Berlin, FB Informatik,