From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Access type representations.
Date: 30 Oct 1994 11:02:46 -0500
Date: 1994-10-30T11:02:46-05:00	[thread overview]

Note also that in Ada 9X, for a function that is pragma Interfaced C,
parameters of type Char_Array are required to be passed by passing the
address of the first element.

Note that GNAT does not yet do this correctly (it's on the list!), and in
fact our plan is that for any function that has convention C, we will
pass unconstrained arrays by simply passing the address of the first
element.

It is of course possible to use pragma Interface (Ada, .. and still write
the body in C, and then the C function must know exactly how Ada passes
unconstrained parameters.