From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Availability of GNAT version 2.0
Date: 29 Nov 1994 08:17:09 -0500
Date: 1994-11-29T08:17:09-05:00	[thread overview]

"GNAT new version when?"

First, please please send such messages to gnat-report (I don't care if
you copy them to CLA, but if you don't send them to gnat-report, the
reply may be delayed by several days, or simply never be forthcoming,
since not all members of the GNAT team have time to read CLA :-)

Version 2.0 will hopefully be out later this week, we are waiting to
send it out till we have killed some known regressions. If you need
a prerelease version for some specific reason, that can be arranged,
depending on the reason [normally we only make the prereleases available
to those who are working closely with us reporting bugs etc. since it is
not worth while for most users to spend time installing prereleases
which change every day when the final release is coming out soon.

One thing that is important to let us know is the motivation for asking
a question like this. If it is just that you are enthusiastic to get the
latest release and kick the tires, fine, but if you are blocked and eithe
really need, or at least think you really need, the new release ASAP, then
let us know!

Let me take this chance to also comment that when you submit bugs, it is
very helpful if you note to us bugs which are really causing you blocking
problems, as opposed to those that you have run into but can navigate
around. We can often, but by no means always, guess which, so please tell
us. Obviously we try to prioritize bug fixes (and new features) to meet
what people most urgently need.

Robert for the GNAT team.