From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: PM bindings for OS/2 gnat?
Date: 3 Dec 1994 22:17:59 -0600
Date: 1994-12-03T22:17:59-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <e5b_9412021804@dialis.xs4all.nl>,
Geert Bosch <geert@dialis.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>jal@mda.ca wrote in a message to All:
>
> jm> The subject says it all.  I don't want to translate the c.
> jm> I want to learn Ada, not C ;{)  Is there code someplace that
> jm> already does this?
>I'm not aware of such code, but would be very interested to be able to do
>OS/2 PM programming with Ada.

E-mail me, I have a very simple PM program written in GNAT.  In any
case, there should be a release of a PM binding in less than two
weeks.  It will be very rudimentary though.

Point is: I didn't manage to get a working
>debugger, and although people can tell me to write bug-free code at once, or
>debug by means of printed messages, with Ada's long compile-times I don't
>think it's workable.
>When using a debugger it's possible for example to change certain variables
>to check if certain special cases work as designed.

Definitely!  I'm becoming convinced that us OS/2 folks should nudge
the NYU folks to move over to EMX.  As it stands, they're considering
it (Robert mentioned this at Tri-Ada).  I think this would be a smart
move, if only so we can get a debugger (EMX, for better or worse, is
becoming the standard gcc implementation for OS/2).

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada