From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Why don't large companies use C/C++/OOP?
Date: 10 Dec 1994 08:56:33 -0500
Date: 1994-12-10T08:56:33-05:00	[thread overview]

Remembr that a LOT of programming is still done in COBOL, and of course a lot
is done using 4GL's.

One of the big surprises we had at Realia in marketing the Realia compiler
was that we thought the main market would be for offloading mainframe
development, but the main market is in fact new applications written in
COBOL for the PC, surprising! Now you can get CICS, 370 JCL, 370 assembler
and all kinds of junk on the PC. People are actually writing NEW 370
assembly language programs for the PC!