From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Rational releases a C++/Smalltalk tool ???
Date: 11 Dec 1994 23:44:51 -0500
Date: 1994-12-11T23:44:51-05:00	[thread overview]

"Some of us tried to bring this up [alledged hypocricy of Ada companioes
in dealing with multiple langauges] ... but were ignored. Why?"

Possibly because most people think this is an idiotic issue. THe idea that
companies should center on one particular language seems silly to me. This
is purely a marketing matter.

If I see Microsoft selling a Visual Basic compiler and a Visual C++ compiler,
do I sit around bemoaning their hypocricy! Of course not.

Probably if Microsoft DID decide to sell an Ada compiler, GA would expect
them to drop all other languages.

Greg, you keep beating on this horse, but as should be pretty apparent
to you, most of us think this horse died long ago, or more properly was
mythical and never alive in the first place :-)