From: alexy@belknap.dartmouth.edu (Alexy V. Khrabrov)
Subject: FORTRAN Translation to Ada
Date: 3 Jan 1995 19:55:16 GMT
Date: 1995-01-03T19:55:16+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm working on a system which translates FORTRAN to other
high-level languages (HLL), first to Ada.  I need a well-documented
code for various stages of FORTRAN parsing, transformation,
and producing equivalent code in Pascal-type languages.
If there are FORTRAN developers with compiler-related experience,
I'd appreciate the following topics-related information:

FORTRAN Compilers Available with their Source Code

Documentation on the internal representation of FORTRAN
in public-available Compilers, comprehensive description
of their internal workings

Developer's experience with the renowned f2c system in
the above spirit--exact role of each file, hints on
where transformations are made better, all kind of knowledge
necessary for modification of it targeting another language

FORTRAN to Ada efforts, and reusable components if any

My Ada friends: do you know of good reusable components
for compiler-related works like FORTRAN to Ada translation?
FORTRAN 77 with normal extensions is assumed, but any
translation systems in Ada are of big interest.

        Alexy V. Khrabrov <khrabrov@cccc.com>
        ``Age Quod Agis'' (Do what you're doing.)