From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT NT 2.0c & LINK32 vs. LINK
Date: 5 Jan 1995 12:38:43 -0500
Date: 1995-01-05T12:38:43-05:00	[thread overview]

Sorry you had difficulties, a point worth making here is that we find that
something like 90% of installation difficulties come from either not reading
or not believing the directions. Of course it would be nice if GNAT
installation were more bullet proof, but meanwhile you can definitely
do yourself a favor by following the directions to the letter :-)

A good example is with the restore step on OS/2. Backup/restore is indeed
a nuisance program, and on our list is to get rid of it, but meanwhile
virtually all problems with this step come from people not following the
directions of what directories to be in, people just assume, wrongly, that
they know what they are doing and can diverge from the instructions!