From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Reference Manual ?
Date: 8 Jan 1995 09:13:45 -0500
Date: 1995-01-08T09:13:45-05:00	[thread overview]

Mark Fearer asks where he can find a copy of the Ada reference manual. I
suspect he is asking for the soon to be obsolete document describing the
soon to be obsolete language Ada 83 (or Ada 87 if you are of the ISO
persuasion). Probably the best source is the annotated reference manual
from Grebyn Corp, I assume that Carl Nyberg still has copies available.

If you want the Ada 95 reference manual, that is not yet available in
paper printed form, but you can FTP postscript versions (from many sites
including cs.nyu.edu) and print a copy yourself.

P.S. Please note that when I refer to Ada 83 as obsolescent, I am not under
the illusion that it will go away over night. I have recently been hiding
out in comp.lang.cobol (with a mission of planting an occasional Ada 95
seed over there), and one of the surprising things to me is how incomplete
the switch over to COBOL 85 is. Ten years later, it seems many shops are
still insisting on the COBOL 74 standard.