From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT on Solaris: Help!
Date: 12 Jan 1995 13:50:59 -0500
Date: 1995-01-12T13:50:59-05:00	[thread overview]

John -- how about reading the documentation :-)

you will find two things if you do. First that problems and questions are
to be addressed to gnat-report. There is no point in posting basic questions
like this to comp.lang.ada, since they can be answered immediately by
gnat-report, and you can't always count on the necessary people from the
GNAT group reading comp.lang.ada.

Second, if you read the features file (please do!), you will find:

   Tasking is currently implemented only on the following platforms
   SGI IRIX 5.2, Sun Sparc (SunOS 4.1), i386 running IBM OS/2

So tasking is documented NOT to be available on Sun Solaris, and the
documentation tells the truth!

We are currently working on tasking that will work with Solaris threads,
no definite date yet, but things are beginning to work!

I am posting this reply as my periodic reminder that GNAT problems should
be sent to gnat-report.

Incidentally, one thing to mention while I am at it is the following. We
can't provide formal support at NYU or guaranteed response on bugs. However
we do our best, and you can help us by being sure to let us know if a bug
you report is particularly critical (i.e. no work around known, and an
important program being held up), then we will try to give the report the
highest priority we can.