* Ann: Win32 and WinRT bindings update
@ 2018-11-03  3:17 alby.gamper
From: alby.gamper @ 2018-11-03  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ada Community

The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
version (10.0.17763). This version corresponds to the 1809 release of Windows 10.

Packages/Source can be found at

https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-Win32
https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-WinRT

Microsoft release notes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-17763

Alex

* Re: Ann: Win32 and WinRT bindings update
@ 2018-11-03 14:43 ` Jere
From: Jere @ 2018-11-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:17:04 PM UTC-4, alby....@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Ada Community
>
> The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
> version (10.0.17763). This version corresponds to the 1809 release of Windows 10.
>
> Packages/Source can be found at
>
> https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-Win32
> https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-WinRT
>
> Microsoft release notes:
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-17763
>
> Alex

Thanks for this!

Question:  In your readme, you specify that you need a 64bit windows
build environment, but then later on say if you don't there are linux
scripts in the mingw64 directory.  Does this mean that you don't consider
mingw64 to be a valid 64bit windows build environment?  I run GCC/GNAT
8.2 on mingw64 in x86_64 and thought that that should be sufficient?

* Re: Ann: Win32 and WinRT bindings update
@ 2018-11-04  0:22   ` alby.gamper
From: alby.gamper @ 2018-11-04  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 1:43:41 AM UTC+11, Jere wrote:
> On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:17:04 PM UTC-4, alby....@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear Ada Community
> >
> > The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
> > version (10.0.17763). This version corresponds to the 1809 release of Windows 10.
> >
> > Packages/Source can be found at
> >
> > https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-Win32
> > https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-WinRT
> >
> > Microsoft release notes:
> >
> > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-17763
> >
> > Alex
>
> Thanks for this!
>
> Question:  In your readme, you specify that you need a 64bit windows
> build environment, but then later on say if you don't there are linux
> scripts in the mingw64 directory.  Does this mean that you don't consider
> mingw64 to be a valid 64bit windows build environment?  I run GCC/GNAT
> 8.2 on mingw64 in x86_64 and thought that that should be sufficient?

Hi Jere

I definitely consider Mingw64 a 64bit build environment, and I have recently
started using it rather than building a cross compiler on Linux (which is what
the build scripts do)

So yes mingw64 is sufficient and very useable. Adacore community edition, now
that its 64Bit should also work (although I must admit I have not as yet tested
this.

Alex

* Ann: Win32 and WinRT bindings update
@ 2019-04-28  4:05 alby.gamper
From: alby.gamper @ 2019-04-28  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ada Community

The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
version (10.0.18362). This version corresponds to the 19H1 release of Windows 10.

@ 2020-06-06  1:33 alby.gamper
From: alby.gamper @ 2020-06-06  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ada Community

The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
version (10.0.19041). This version corresponds to the 20H1 release of Windows 10.

Packages/Source can be found at

https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-Win32
https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-WinRT

For a detailed list of what is new in the SDK refer to the following links

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-19041
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-19041-api-diff

Alex