From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Math Lib. for Ada? Ada for X11R6?
Date: 16 Jan 1995 12:53:36 -0500
Date: 1995-01-16T12:53:36-05:00	[thread overview]

OK, I understand that math libraries may go beyond the RM stuff, but surely
this is a case where it makes little sense to reinvent the wheel. If we have
good interface to Fortran, then using existing FOrtran libraries makes
good sense.

Perhaps we need a nice Ada layer on top of them in some cases, but I
certainly would not try to rewrite them.

Note: version 2.01 of GNAT fully supports interface to Fortran, including
storing arrays columnwise if pragma Convention FOrtran is applied to an
array type. We haven't tested this out much yet, perhaps someone interested
in interfacing to this kind of library can see if it works!