From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: pragma import problem ( also OS/2 : gnat 4emx )
Date: 20 Jan 1995 11:58:11 -0500
Date: 1995-01-20T11:58:11-05:00	[thread overview]

Regarding the use of link name (incidentally I did send a direct message
already, so if it didn't arrive, must be an email addressing problem).

Generally NEVER use link name, use external name instead, and use for the
external name the name as it appears in the external language. This
is much more portable. If you use link name, then you have to know
system dependent things like whether an underscore is prefixed.

Note: there has been some glitch in the OS/2 version in this area in the
past, but you should still use external name. Anyway, this will clean up
in the EMX vesion we are hopeing to distribute soon.