From: Andreas ZEURCHER <ZUERCHER_Andreas@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Announce: AdaStudio-2021 release 01/10/2021 free edition
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 20:14:30 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 1:46:15 PM UTC-5, Manuel Gomez wrote:
> Am 2/10/21 um 16:00 schrieb Fernando Oleo Blanco:
> > Hi Leonid,
> >
> > I have been following your work for a few years. I like the Qt ecosystem
> > (even with their change of heart) and very specially VTK. Thank you for
> > your work. I hope to use it in the future for my projects.
> >
> > I first wanted to say that the webpage that is indicated on your CV and
> > where QtAda has been living is unreachable. Google says it has been
> > blocked since it is suspicious. Do you receive the same message?
> > [https://r3fowwcolhrzycn2yzlzzw-on.drv.tw/AdaStudio/adastudio.html]
> >
> >> Qt6Ada is built under GNU GPLv3 license
> >> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html.
> >>

> > Is it GPLv3 or LGPLv3? I am asking since you mention GPLv3 but link LGPLv3.
> >
> > Once again, thank you for maintaining this lovely software suite!
> >
> Hi Leonid,
>
> Last time I checked qt5ada I was surprised by the fact that it doesn't
> include the source code for the C intermediate

Generated code is not source code, as it can be regenerated from unmodified GPL-/LGPL-compliant widely-available tools.  Just because it is C doesn't make it source code.  C code can be generated intermediate representation too, which it appears to be in this case.  What stops you from regenerating the intermediate C code just like Leonid does?  You have the widely-available tools with source code to generate the C code.  Leonid has the widely-available tools with source code to generate the C code.  All seems to be quite good there.

Now this is assuming that Leonid performs to hand editing of the generated C code.  Or if Leonid modifies the generated C code with scripts that the source code for the scripts are obtainable along with (or distributed with) each release of AdaStudio, so that you can invoke those scripts too, just like Leonid did.