* Gdk_Monitor
@ 2020-06-26 12:09 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2020-06-26 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the latest version of Gtkada for Windows on Adacore I cannot find
Gdk_Monitor. It seems that Gdk_Monitor is the only part in Gtk+ where it
is still possible to get the size in pixels of the monitor. All other
places where this can be done ar depreciated from version 3.22. Is there
somewhere a version of Gtkada that includes Gdk_Monitoring.
If not is there somewhere within the different operating systems where I
can find these parameters. I want a program that automatically adapts to
the screen size and doe not work with fullscreen windows

* Re: Gdk_Monitor
@ 2020-06-27  0:47 ` Jere
From: Jere @ 2020-06-27  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 8:09:23 AM UTC-4, ldries46 wrote:
> In the latest version of Gtkada for Windows on Adacore I cannot find
> Gdk_Monitor. It seems that Gdk_Monitor is the only part in Gtk+ where it
> is still possible to get the size in pixels of the monitor. All other
> places where this can be done ar depreciated from version 3.22. Is there
> somewhere a version of Gtkada that includes Gdk_Monitoring.
> If not is there somewhere within the different operating systems where I
> can find these parameters. I want a program that automatically adapts to
> the screen size and doe not work with fullscreen windows

I don't mess with GTK much, but a quick google search pointed me to
the gdk_screen_XXXX functions.  I searched AdaCore's current
GtkAda repository for "gdk_screen" and it pointed me to the
Gdk.Screen package in the generated folder.  Have you tried
them?  I didn't see any deprecation remarks (though I didn't dig deep).

https://github.com/AdaCore/gtkada/blob/d6dbc602911b4bb91519208185f4e615572e4079/src/generated/gdk-screen.ads

* Re: Gdk_Monitor
@ 2020-06-27  0:49   ` Jere
From: Jere @ 2020-06-27  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 8:47:04 PM UTC-4, Jere wrote:
> On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 8:09:23 AM UTC-4, ldries46 wrote:
> > In the latest version of Gtkada for Windows on Adacore I cannot find
> > Gdk_Monitor. It seems that Gdk_Monitor is the only part in Gtk+ where it
> > is still possible to get the size in pixels of the monitor. All other
> > places where this can be done ar depreciated from version 3.22. Is there
> > somewhere a version of Gtkada that includes Gdk_Monitoring.
> > If not is there somewhere within the different operating systems where I
> > can find these parameters. I want a program that automatically adapts to
> > the screen size and doe not work with fullscreen windows
>
> I don't mess with GTK much, but a quick google search pointed me to
> the gdk_screen_XXXX functions.  I searched AdaCore's current
> GtkAda repository for "gdk_screen" and it pointed me to the
> Gdk.Screen package in the generated folder.  Have you tried
> them?  I didn't see any deprecation remarks (though I didn't dig deep).
>
> https://github.com/AdaCore/gtkada/blob/d6dbc602911b4bb91519208185f4e615572e4079/src/generated/gdk-screen.ads

Nevermind.  I did find a document that listed them as deprecated.

* Re: Gdk_Monitor
@ 2020-06-27  0:57 ` Jere
From: Jere @ 2020-06-27  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 8:09:23 AM UTC-4, ldries46 wrote:
> In the latest version of Gtkada for Windows on Adacore I cannot find
> Gdk_Monitor. It seems that Gdk_Monitor is the only part in Gtk+ where it
> is still possible to get the size in pixels of the monitor. All other
> places where this can be done ar depreciated from version 3.22. Is there
> somewhere a version of Gtkada that includes Gdk_Monitoring.
> If not is there somewhere within the different operating systems where I
> can find these parameters. I want a program that automatically adapts to
> the screen size and doe not work with fullscreen windows

Alternative option:  You should try opening an issue on their github
repo for GtkAda.  They responded to mine.  They might be able to
suggest a workaround.  Otherwise, you might be stuck doing your own
custom bindings to the monitor functions.