* ANN: SparForte 2.6
@ 2023-05-02 12:07 Ken Burtch
       [not found] ` <10cca4b9-e80e-4eff-8c1f-279aad6424e3n@googlegroups.com>
From: Ken Burtch @ 2023-05-02 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

SparForte is a scripting language, template language and shell based on Ada and Bourne shell.  It has been in development for 22 years and has about 129,000 lines of code.

This release includes

New features: 11
Changes: 7
Fixes: 12

New features include case procedures, named shell sessions, and Alire support (experimental).

The details of the release are at
https://sparforte.com/news/2023/news_may_2023.html

A summary of the new features is at
https://www.pegasoft.ca/coder/coder_march_2023.html

SparForte can be downloaded from the home page at
https://sparforte.com

Ken O. Burtch

* Re: ANN: SparForte 2.6
       [not found] ` <10cca4b9-e80e-4eff-8c1f-279aad6424e3n@googlegroups.com>
@ 2023-05-06 13:19   ` Ken Burtch
From: Ken Burtch @ 2023-05-06 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-4, 196...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Can't be built without sound...
>
> gcc -c -O1 -march=athlon64 -gnat12 -gnatfaoN -gnatVaep -gnateEeEeF -fstack-protector -I./adacgi-1.6/ -I./apq-2.1/ -I./pegasock/ -I./areadline/ -lpcre parser_sound.adb
> parser_sound.adb:93:06: statement expected
> gnatmake: "parser_sound.adb" compilation error
>

> If you try and build it without readline...
>
> gcc -c -O1 -march=athlon64 -gnat12 -gnatfaoN -gnatVaep -gnateEeEeF -fstack-protector -I./adacgi-1.6/ -I./pegasock/ pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb
> pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb:286:26: "optional_bold" is undefined
> gnatmake: "pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb" compilation error

Thank you for sharing this issue.

My automated release tests build SparForte without sound and without readline each night and they have been successful.

I will attempt to diagnose what the problem is.  Do you have any further information about your build environment that might be related to this issue?

Ken B.

* Re: ANN: SparForte 2.6
@ 2023-05-06 13:34     ` Ken Burtch
From: Ken Burtch @ 2023-05-06 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 9:19:10 AM UTC-4, Ken Burtch wrote:
> On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 9:08:47 AM UTC-4, 196...@googlemail.com wrote:
> > Can't be built without sound...
> >
> > gcc -c -O1 -march=athlon64 -gnat12 -gnatfaoN -gnatVaep -gnateEeEeF -fstack-protector -I./adacgi-1.6/ -I./apq-2.1/ -I./pegasock/ -I./areadline/ -lpcre parser_sound.adb
> > parser_sound.adb:93:06: statement expected
> > gnatmake: "parser_sound.adb" compilation error
> >

> > If you try and build it without readline...
> >
> > gcc -c -O1 -march=athlon64 -gnat12 -gnatfaoN -gnatVaep -gnateEeEeF -fstack-protector -I./adacgi-1.6/ -I./pegasock/ pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb
> > pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb:286:26: "optional_bold" is undefined
> > gnatmake: "pegasoft-user_io-getline.adb" compilation error
> Thank you for sharing this issue.
>
> My automated release tests build SparForte without sound and without readline each night and they have been successful.
>
> I will attempt to diagnose what the problem is. Do you have any further information about your build environment that might be related to this issue?
>
> Ken B.

I have pushed fixes for these two issues to the GitHub master branch.
I will do a full set of build tests manually to ensure nothing else is missing.
I will also investigate what the errors were not caught by the automated tests.
Thank you for reporting this issue.

Ken B.