From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Native version of GNAT Programming Studio for OSX
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-06-25T17:27:58-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:11:08 AM UTC-7, Felix Krause wrote:
> In case any other Mac users are coding Ada:
>
> I succeeded in compiling the GNAT Programming Studio on OSX with
> GTK-Quartz backend. Compared to the version AdaCore bundles with GNAT,
> this version does not need X11. Build scripts, patches used and more
> information is available at:
>
> https://github.com/flyx86/gps-osx
>
> If anyone else is interested in this, feel free to contribute.
> --
> Felix Krause
> http://flyx.org/

This is really interesting. Maybe I'll take a run at this. I would love to have something resembling a native GPS for Mac, and it looks like Felix has got it well under way.

I wonder if any of the prerequisites are available on MacPorts, and if so, how would one modify the build process. I note that gtk-osx-application is available there.

Thanks, Felix.

Jerry