From: rlove@neosoft.com (Robert B. Love )
Cc: dewar@cs.nyu.edu
Subject: Re: Which compiler is correct??
Date: 1996/09/11
Date: 1996-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In <dewar.842410917@schonberg> Robert Dewar wrote:
> Ah, finally I figured this out (I would have had it immediately, if
you had
> said where the error message was posted):

Yep, I clearly should've indicated where the errors were.

> exception
>    when Error_In_Demo:
>      others => Ada.Exceptions.Save_Occurrence
>        (Error_In_Demo,Error_List(3));
>

> that's obviously incorrect, Error_In_Demo is a constant, yet you are
using
> it as the Target for save occurrence. I think you are mixing up
target
> and source in the call to Save_Occurrence (not surprising, I think
they
> are the wrong way round too :-)

I'm using the JOOP article to learn about exception handling so
followed
it blindly.  I guess the answer should always be READ THE LRM & SPEC!!!

> Anyway, GNAT should certainly post an error message here, these
exception
> occurrence constants are a little peculiar, and we just missed this.
Indeed
> it might have gone undetected for a long time if you had not made
this
> error of having the parameters the wrong way round!

So, do I need to file a bug report or will this do?

I'm glad the Thomson product is working correctly.  I want the Ada
market to grow and robust products will be a boon to all.

Thanx for all assistance & comments.

Bob Love, rlove@neosoft.com (local)        MIME & NeXT Mail OK
rlove@raptor.rmnug.org  (permanent)        PGP key available