From: "Vincent D." <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] UXStrings package available (UXS_20220226).
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:42:40 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Le mardi 1 mars 2022 à 21:47:51 UTC+1, Blady a écrit :
> Feedback is welcome on actual use cases.

Hello Pascal,
Thank you very much for this great improvement over Unbounded Strings !
Sure a short string optimization, such a the one implemented in GNATColl.XStrings, would be appreciated.
As a personnal taste, I would appreciate to have a UXCharacter type that is a Wide_Wide_Character, and an ASCII_Character, or a Char that is a subtype of it.
I think that the ASCII_String could be a derived type of UXString since it is a proper subtype, that specializes the UXString to only ASCII Characters. Some primitive operations can then be overriden to take advantage of the direct mapping between bytes and characters.
Regards,
Vincent