From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Providing C function With Argv
Date: 23 Jul 2002 06:43:55 -0700
Date: 2002-07-23T13:43:56+00:00	[thread overview]

jeff.huter@bigfoot.com (Jeff) wrote in message news:<fe4bb2c2.0207220726.7502e4bd@posting.google.com>...
> How does one pass a C function the eqivalent of char **?  Is there any
> easier way to accomplish this than to construct the char **argv from
> Ada.Command_Line.Argument?  Working code would be much appreciated
> since I'm rather new to Ada.

To do this in portable Ada is a real pain, because you
would have to reconstruct the data in the form expected
by a C program.

In practice, most implementations will save argc and argv
somewhere. Read the GNAT documentation to find out how
this is done in GNAT (it is fully documented).

I trust that if you are using GNAT, you do indeed have
the documentation?