From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT question
Date: 11 Aug 2002 19:56:39 -0700
Date: 2002-08-12T02:56:39+00:00	[thread overview]

lab.stihler@unidavi.edu.br (Fred Stihler) wrote in message news:<c5dec41e.0208111459.40b26938@posting.google.com>...
> Im starting to learn Ada, I dont know how to configure the compiler to
> work the way I want. Does anybody knows how do I do to be able
> generate apps that output special characters? I tried to compile a
> simple program that prints "Al� Mundo" but when I run it, the
> character � doesnt appear. It prints a strange character. what must I
> do?

The first thing you must do is learn how to ask questions
on the newsgroup properly. Start a new thread with a proper
subject, don't append a reply to a completely irrelevant
thread about how to write OS level stuff using GNAT.

The second thing you must do is to say exactly what system
you are using, both the machine and operating system and
compiler.

The third thing is you should read the documentation. For
instance if you are on a PC using GNAT, you need to read
what the users manual has to say about character sets in
this environment.