From: ldries46 <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: Trying to install FSF called for failure in Adacore community
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 16:17:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Op 3-8-2020 om 10:30 schreef Simon Wright:
> ldries46 <bertus.dries@planet.nl> writes:
>
>> gprbuild -d -PD:\ada\project\Glade2Ada\Glade2Ada.gpr
>> D:\ada\project\Glade2Ada\Glade2Ada.adb
>> Bind
>>     [gprbind]      glade2ada.bexch
>>     [Ada]          glade2ada.ali
>> fatal error: file glib.ali is incorrectly formatted
>> make sure you are using consistent versions of gcc/gnatbind
>> 97.  G a e
>> gprbind: invocation of gnatbind failed
>> gprbuild: unable to bind glade2ada.adb
> Did you try gprbuild -f (force recomilations)?
>
> It might help to find glib.ali - the first line says which compiler
> release was used to compile it, e.g.
>
> FSF GCC 10:
> V "GNAT Lib v10"
>
> GNAT CE 2020:
> V "GNAT Lib v2020"
I first tried to run "gprbuild -f -d
-PD:\ada\project\Glade2Ada\Glade2Ada.gpr" in a cmd window, that didn't
work because the system did not recognize the "gprbuild" command, but it
triggered me to search into the various settings of the environment  and
I found Settings/Toolchains where the TDM-GCC-64 directory was
mentioned. I realised that that  directory was also a part op the FSF
exercise and deleted it. After that the problem was over.
Thanks for tour hint.