From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga + Electron + Node.js = Cross Platform GUIs
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 11:53:45 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-01-12T11:53:45-08:00	[thread overview]

You should be able to use the standard packaging mechanisms for Electron for all three platforms. So on linux a dep or rpm with some dependencies, on Mac you would probably want to recompile and sign the xcode project to fully deploy for commercial but could just modify the provided "App" structure from Electron. I have not looked at windows deployment but the Atom editor and other projects using it do not install other packages so I assume something similar.

It is not a high priority (personally I am satisfied with just popping open a browser on all platforms) but will get to packaging tutorials and tighter integration and binding Electron's OS feature APIs (notifications, badges etc.) in the next months.

> What kind of user deployment package will this require?  I.E. do I need to install electron and node.js packages on each of my users computers separately, or will it be like the standard Gnoga app where I just add the needed files to a directory near the gnoga executable (without needing to mess with the user's path var) and it all runs fine?

So yes, no need to fiddle with the user's path or other system wide vars.

David Botton