From: William <william@sterna.io>
Subject: Building GNAT-FSF on FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 21:09:54 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello all,

I did succed to build a modern gcc (with Ada-GNAT FSF) on my FreeBSD
13.0 serveur. :-)

Fernando Oleo Blanco was very inspiring to me (NetBSD porting), and I
use Simon j Wright portings to MacOS for my Hackingtosh.

So I decided to do it too !

For now I did a quick try with plain gcc «out of the box» : (story short)
1. Install gcc6-aux pkg from FreeBSD port (2014 -- Last Updated on
2022-01-26). (see also http://www.dragonlace.net)
2. get gcc 10.3 src from GNU.org and compile it with gcc6-aux (gnat
compiler seems OK)
3. get gcc 11.2 src from GNU.org  and compile it with the just
installed gcc/gnat 10.3

In first place I thougth it would not be successful ...

Now it's time to build) and run the ACATS 4.1y
I took a look at Simon’s ACATS Testsuite on SourceForge, but I need to
understand those automated scripts.
I’d like to parallise a maximum of ACATS sub-projects in order to reduice time.

WIP !!
See you later, William