From: Thomas <fantome.forums.tDeContes@free.fr.invalid>
Subject: Re: too much spaces with Gtk.Button.Set_Image
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 05:18:15 +0200	[thread overview]

In article <62c20c8f$0$24813$426a74cc@news.free.fr>,
 Thomas <fantome.forums.tDeContes@free.fr.invalid> wrote:

> hi :-)
>

> i want to make an Image Button without text and without large borders.
>

> when i use Gtk.Button.Set_Image, it makes spaces at 3 sides, and the
> Image overflows at the 4th.
> it depends on Gtk.Button.Get_Image_Position : it overflows at the side
> where it would have been the text.
>

> i don't find how to remove these spaces.
>

> do you think i should use Gtk.Container.Add instead of
> Gtk.Button.Set_Image ?
>
> previous authors have done that, but I feel like it's kind of a hack,
> and I don't like it very much...

i gone back to Gtk.Container.Add.

it doesn't more overflow at the 4th side, and that's a good thing,
but i don't understand what's wrong with Gtk.Button.Set_Image.

i was wrong telling "too much spaces with Gtk.Button.Set_Image",
because it's not Set_Image which causes the spaces,
but it's the use of a Gtk_Image instead of a Gtk_Pixmap.

i don't understand more what's the difference between Gtk_Image and
Gtk_Pixmap.

Gtk.Misc.Get_Padding returns 0 0.
i have no other idea now.

it's better with Add than with Set_Image,
but it's not very nice because RAPID has not exactly the same behavior
with Gtk and with TclTk.
(2*4 pixels in a small button (27 pixels) is a big part.)

i cannot revert to Gtk_Pixmap because it is Obsolescent.

so i still need help, please :-)

--
RAPID maintainer
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/rapid/