* Good news...
@ 2010-06-11  7:34 Martin
From: Martin @ 2010-06-11  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

...GNAT GPL 2010 is coming to Snow Leopard! :-)

http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/gnat-gpl-edition-2010/

* Re: Good news...
@ 2010-06-11  9:57 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2010-06-11  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.06.2010, 09:34 Uhr, schrieb Martin <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com>:

> ...GNAT GPL 2010 is coming to Snow Leopard! :-)
>
> http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/gnat-gpl-edition-2010/

Finaly - i have been waiting for this!

Martin

--
Martin Krischik
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Good news...
@ 2010-06-12 14:18   ` RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com
From: RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com @ 2010-06-12 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 11, 5:57 am, "Martin Krischik" <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> Am 11.06.2010, 09:34 Uhr, schrieb Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com>:
>
> > ...GNAT GPL 2010 is coming to Snow Leopard! :-)
>
> >http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/gnat-gpl-edition-2010/
>
> Finaly - i have been waiting for this!
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Krischik
> mailto://krisc...@users.sourceforge.nethttps://sourceforge.net/users/krischik

And:

# Support for AVR (embedded 8 bit)
# Ravenscar support for the Lego Mindstorm NXT port (future
availability)

Hooray!

* Re: Good news...
@ 2010-06-14 20:13     ` Warren
From: Warren @ 2010-06-14 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com expounded in

> On Jun 11, 5:57�am, "Martin Krischik" <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net>
> wrote:
>> Am 11.06.2010, 09:34 Uhr, schrieb Martin
>> <martin.do...@btopenworld.com>:
>>
>> > ...GNAT GPL 2010 is coming to Snow Leopard! :-)
>>
>> >http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/gnat-gpl-edition-2010/
>>
>> Finaly - i have been waiting for this!
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> --
>> Martin Krischik
>> mailto://krisc...@users.sourceforge.nethttps://sourceforge.net/users/k
>> ris
> chik
>
> And:
>
> # Support for AVR (embedded 8 bit)

+10

Warren

* Good news
@ 2022-06-28 11:29 J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2022-06-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

A recent survey
(https://www.analyticsinsight.net/top-10-outdated-programming-languages-to-forget-in-2022/)
enumerated the "TOP 10 OUTDATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TO FORGET IN
2022". Although it mentionned COBOL, Pascal,
Objective-C among others, it didn't mention Ada.
Let's hope that it's not because the journalist didn't even know about
Ada...

Disclaimer: anyway, I don't think there is any value in that kind of survey,
I was just afraid of seeing Ada mentionned...

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

* Re: Good news
@ 2022-06-28 13:38 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2022-06-28 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2022-06-28 13:29, J-P. Rosen wrote:
> A recent survey
> (https://www.analyticsinsight.net/top-10-outdated-programming-languages-to-forget-in-2022/)
>
> enumerated the "TOP 10 OUTDATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TO FORGET IN
> 2022". Although it mentionned COBOL, Pascal,
> Objective-C among others, it didn't mention Ada.
> Let's hope that it's not because the journalist didn't even know about
> Ada...
>
> Disclaimer: anyway, I don't think there is any value in that kind of
> survey,
> I was just afraid of seeing Ada mentionned...

A site called "Analytics Insight?"

   "No!" interrupted Owl, who was wise.
   "I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight.
   How could an intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
       -- The Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles

For sure, they listed criteria of "outdated" and then shown how these
languages fulfill them. No? I am shocked! (:-))

* Re: Good news
@ 2022-06-29  4:19 ` Gautier write-only address
From: Gautier write-only address @ 2022-06-29  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

The #1 on the list is VB.NET: "With developers actively adopting modern languages like .NET and C#, it might see itself shelved very soon."
Oh wait, is .NET a language now?
If you click on the link under "Microsoft", you land into something with the title:
"In this article know about the top 10 Microsoft programming languages to know in 2022"
One of them is VB.NET...

* Re: Good news
@ 2022-06-29  4:34   ` Dennis Lee Bieber
From: Dennis Lee Bieber @ 2022-06-29  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:19:13 -0700 (PDT), Gautier write-only address
<gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> declaimed the following:

>The #1 on the list is VB.NET: "With developers actively adopting modern languages like .NET and C#, it might see itself shelved very soon."
>Oh wait, is .NET a language now?

	Of course, the only reason VB.net carries the .net is to differentiate
it from VB6 and earlier. The earlier VB variants using native Win32 API. In
contrast, VB.net and C# (which looks to my eye like a C/C++ that was
reverse-infected by Java) both rely upon the so-called "managed" common
language runtime ("It's NOT the JVM!") that came in with the .NET scheme.
<G>

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

* Re: Good news
@ 2022-07-27  5:22 ` Gautier write-only address
From: Gautier write-only address @ 2022-07-27  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

From the same site:

"The latest programming language of Google, named Carbon will bring back the glory days of C++"
https://www.analyticsinsight.net/googles-carbon-can-do-what-rust-cant-outperforming-c-in-programming/

"The purpose of this new work-in-progress programming language is to convert the C++ codebases in a better way than Rust. According to experts, Rust doesn’t have the same bi-directional interoperability as other tools [...]"

:-)