From: "Vincent D." <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] UXStrings package available (UXS_20220226).
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 06:02:55 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Le jeudi 24 mars 2022 à 22:13:40 UTC+1, Blady a écrit :
> Thus, for UXStrings, I choose Unicode_Character type as "generic"
> character (which renames Wide_Wide_Character), see for instance:
> https://github.com/Blady-Com/UXStrings/blob/master/src/uxstrings1.ads#L58
>
> May you be more specific?
> What advantages for the user would bring a UXCharacter type?

Hello Pascal,
We agree that a type for Unicode Code Point is mandatory. I find the name Wide_Wide_Character clumsy, and I would appreciate to have shorter names so as a personal taste I would simply prefer "Unicode" to "Unicode_Character".
Then I realize - and hence I contredict my own previous post - that the important concept for the user is the Grapheme cluster . So in fact a UXCharacter should simply be a subtype of UXString storing one Grapheme Cluster.
Just my 2 cents.
Regards,

Vincent