From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: Ada on iOS ? Or Swift...
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 18:16:21 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-12-19T18:16:21-08:00	[thread overview]

> I need to develop a navigation tool on an iPad

It will have to be an app with a server side, but using Gnoga it is possible.

> - Is it possible to have an Ada compiler for iOS?

Not currently realistic. The best we can hope for when it comes to GCC/GNAT is someone redoing the work Marcus did and releasing as GMGPL the runtime for .NET then you can use the many tools to convert .NET to either real iOS code or to ASM.js

If that ever happens I'll update Gnoga to work client side as well for ASM.js / .NET (A simple thing)

There is little point in trying to go direct to iOS with GCC/GNAT

> - Is it possible to use GNOGA for drawing instruments, like a compass, on an iPad screen ?

Yes

What you do is create an application using PhoneGAP using a Gnoga boot.html pointing back to your Gnoga app's server IP/URL. Then you can use HTML5 Canvas or any other HTML/JS method to do the drawing. The PhoneGAP JS API will give you access to the location data, etc. which you can access from the server side using Gnoga.

David Botton