From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: ada and opengl
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:45:21 -0500
Date: 2014-07-21T09:45:21-05:00	[thread overview]

pincerfae@gmail.com writes:

>> What did you do to show these "work fine"?
>

> I loaded the examples into adagide, built them, ran them with no
> errors.

Ok, so your environment is fine.

>> > I have not been able to get the examples from david's opengl bindings
>>
>> > to work at all. the problem starts when I try to build adaglut.adb.
>>
>> What menu/button/command are you executing?
> build.
>
> I've since deleted the bindings because I've spent a week trying to
> get the examples to work with no success.

You are giving up too soon; you just barely started getting help here.

Since the Globe_3d examples work, the problem is in the way you are
trying to build adaglut.adb

Compare that to how the Globe_3d examples are built.

I don't use AdaGide; do you know what command line the "build" menu
invokes?

> seems like you have to have a *nix environment to get
> anything outside of simple coding in ada to work.

No, just more patience, and willingness to learn how things work.

--
-- Stephe