* Re: Alire can't decide system when "get-ing" eagle_lander demo
       [not found] <16f497bd-b288-420a-8d77-84b60bc6fd0bn@googlegroups.com>
@ 2022-09-19 17:10 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2022-09-19 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob G <itsme.bar@gmail.com> writes:

> As a newby to Aliure, but not to Ada or GNAT-CE/GPS, I installed Alire
> on my WIndows10 laptop. As an additional result it installed MSYS2. I
> have no intention whatsoever to use MSYS, just want an Ada/Windows10
> development environment.
> Skipping the "Hello, World" demo I started with Eagle_Lander, mainly
> because that is a Gtkada app.
> However, "alr get eagle_lander" resulted in a
>>>
> Note: Deploying gtkada=21.0.0...
>         -=O=-    #      #       #       #
> Note: Running post_fetch actions for gtkada=21.0.0...
> configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
> checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type
> <<
> Note that from the MSYS2 environment that was installed by Alire, if I
> do a ./doinstall for Gtkada the script fails because it can't find the
> a bin directory with Gtk.
>
> What to do to get Gtkada installed?
> PS It is unclear to me why Alire doesn't fetch the 22.0.0 version from Gtihub

I don't have an answer, but it would help if you posted this as an issue
in the Alire Github project: https://github.com/alire-project/alire

There seems to be more Alire help available on the Gitter channel:
https://gitter.im/ada-lang/Alire, although maybe that will change if
more people post here; I much prefer email/news via Emacs Gnus to
anything in a web browser.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Alire can't decide system when "get-ing" eagle_lander demo
@ 2022-09-19 18:31   ` Rob G
From: Rob G @ 2022-09-19 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

<snip>
Thnx Stephe for the advice, just posted the same on github. Will have a look later on the Gitter channel.

Rob