From: Per Jakobsen <pdj@knaldgas.dk>
Subject: gprbuild and package renames (testsuites)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 00:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-06-24T00:47:04-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi

I'm using gprbuilds "Naming" package to make Stub-packages for the system to test:

   package Naming is
      for Specification ("B") use "stub_b.ads";
      for Body          ("B") use "stub_b.adb";
   end Naming;

This works fine for a single package, but then I wonder if testing multiple packages may be linked into the same executable:

The package structure is Package A depends on Package B which depends on Package C, and I want to write unit-tests for each package.

To test Package A, a stub must be made for Package B.
To test Package B, a stub must be made for Package C.
Package C can be tested without stubs.

Is it possible and/or reasonable to link in tests for multiple packages into the same testrunner?

Test suite A: Package A -> Package Stub_B
Test suite B: Package B -> Package Stub_C
Test suite C: Package C

Thing can get even more "interesting" if there are circular dependencies ("limited with")...

How are you guys handling this?

~Per