From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: No Free GNAT 2022
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:26:59 -0700	[thread overview]

https://alire.ada.dev/

> How does it replace the old free GNAT?

Alire is a package manager designed for and implemented in Ada.

It provides a GNAT compiler and associated tools, but they are intended
to be used with the Alire packages. You can use them for your own code,
either by creating a new Alire package to contain your code (and
possibly eventually publish it), or by setting your PATH to point to the
compiler installed by Alire.

I'm just getting started with Alire myself, partly for the same reason.

--
-- Stephe