From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: Which site to upload software?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 14:40:35 -0700	[thread overview]

hreba <hreba@t-online.de> writes:

> On 16.07.22 12:04, Jeffrey R.Carter wrote:
>> github.com is popular
>> so is sourceforge.net
>> some use gitlab.com
>> If your code is GNAT dependent, or you want to limit its use to
>> GNAT, you can use Alire, alire.ada.dev
>>

> My code is purely GNAT, so Alire is an option.
>
> As I said, this would be my first contribution. Case other people
> contribute, I'll have to manage this project somehow, but don't have
> any experience with that. Does this change your list, is project
> maintenance easier on some sites?

Alire is not a development platform (ie, it does not provide git
hosting); it is only for distribution.

github is not good for free software; see
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/fsf-funded-call-for-white-papers-on-philosophical-and-legal-questions-around-copilot

Savannah is good: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/savannah

--
-- Stephe