From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: ANN: GCC 11.1.0 for macOS
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 10:47:53 -0700	[thread overview]

> As a side note. The version 11 brings new incompatibilities breaking
> old code. In some cases X'Access is no more accepted and need to be
> replaced by X'Unchecked_Access.
>
> I am to lazy to analyze whether that it is a bug of feature, just be aware.
>
> I dare say that every Ada style guideline should require
> 'Unchecked_Access everywhere. The issue became a permanent maintenance
> nightmare.

I had a similar issue upgrading from GNAT Community 2020 to GNAT Pro 21.
The GNAT compiler has gotten smarter about enforcing accessibility
rules.

Since those rules are there to prevent dangling references, they should
be respected; I fixed my code to compile with 'Access.

It is a pain that GNAT didn't get this totally correct the first time
around, but that's life.
--
-- Stephe